Gabriela Gonzalez, the influencer known as Gabbie and boasting over 400,000 followers on both TikTok and Instagram, is currently facing severe legal repercussions. The 24-year-old was arrested on May 18 by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Bureau of Investigations and is currently being held without bail, as per online records viewed by E! News. She is accused of attempting to hire a hitman to eliminate her ex-partner, musician Jack Avery.
According to records obtained by E! News via the Los Angeles Superior Court, Gabbie has been charged with conspiracy to commit a crime, attempted murder (premeditated), and solicitation to commit murder. Her scheduled court appearance on May 19 has yet to yield any plea.
Her father, Francisco Javier Gonzalez, was also arrested on the same day in Seminole County, Florida, on an out-of-state fugitive warrant linked to California charges. His charges include conspiracy to commit murder and solicitation of murder. The affidavit, per People, alleges that the scheme was connected to Gabbie and Jack's custody battle over their 7-year-old daughter. Investigators say Francisco became "deeply involved" in the conflict and made efforts to "discredit, monitor, and remove" Jack from his daughter's life.

One witness reportedly told investigators that Francisco once said something to the effect that it would be cheaper if Jack were dead. The affidavit claims that Francisco orchestrated a campaign to monitor and photograph Jack's life in Hawaii in an effort to gather evidence against him in court. He allegedly communicated with a private investigator for this purpose and expressed interest in having the Why Don't We singer arrested if he appeared for visitation with his and Gabbie's daughter.
In March 2021, while communicating with his family, Francisco allegedly said it was "never too early" to contact a man that Gabbie had reportedly sought out to threaten her ex. Witnesses told investigators that Gabbie had repeatedly expressed a desire for Jack's death and had discussed hiring a hitman. The affidavit alleges that Gabbie intended to work with co-conspirator Kai Cordrey, discussing plans to use the dark web and Bitcoin to carry out the murder-for-hire plot, which allegedly included staging Jack's death to look like a car accident.
Investigators claim that Francisco was the primary funding source for the alleged plot, and that in April 2021 he sent Kai $10,000 through Square, in addition to two separate $5,000 sums through a Gemini cryptocurrency account and a fourth $4,000 invoice through the website Site Whisperer. Kai reportedly told investigators that he and Francisco communicated via Signal messages and calls. The affidavit also alleges that Francisco once spoke directly with an undercover federal agent who had been posing as a hitman.
E! News has reached out to the LA Sheriff's Office and Florida law enforcement for comment and has attempted to track down any legal representation for Gabbie, Kai, and Francisco. Meanwhile, in September, Jack revealed that the FBI had warned him that someone had been trying to kill him. He recalled during an interview on the Zach Sang Show: "They're like, 'Jack hasn't done anything wrong; we think he's a victim of something.' So we end up talking, and someone hired someone to kill me." While he couldn't speak on a lot, including whether he knew the identity of his would-be assassin, Jack did speculate as to why someone would want him killed. As he put it, "To get stress out of their life."